Aquatera delivers a broad range of training programmes and activities. It works to the ABCG (Academic, Business, Community and Government) model of partnership working and believes that all 4 components are essential for effective development of emerging industries regarding sustainable, renewable energy solutions.
With our extensive knowledge and experience in the marine renewable energy industry, we are frequently asked to share our lessons learnt and help other regions and countries to develop their own capacity in the sector. To that end, we have been involved in several training initiatives in addition to a regular range of presentations at conferences and events. Increasingly, we are exporting our expertise overseas as other nations skill up to maximise their respective MRE resources and realise their potential.
We deliver a range of short courses and more comprehensive bespoke packages. These also include travel and accommodation packages as well as the expert training provision. We are flexible to suit client requirements.
With our experience working in different environments, both onshore and offshore, and our significant technical expertise, Aquatera is well-placed to deliver training projects in a range of technical, social, community and academic areas. This is backed up by the research elements of our business and proven track record in the field. We have a team of knowledgeable, highly qualified staff who can share skills, transfer knowledge and deliver training to a variety of audiences, large and small.
Aquatera has arranged different training and development opportunities for companies, public authorities, development agencies and academics. These range from expert support during meetings to arranging for training for school children wishing to understand marine energy and environmental issues.
We have also been involved in European socio economic awareness raising projects and developing a range of training aids from leaflets to web based tools.
- Institution links programme training for government officials - 5 day train course on all aspects of marine energy in Jakarta, 2017
- Two week training and development programme in Scotland, 2016, Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI)
- Kamaishi, Japan, Super Science High School - 4 day interactive workshops for school age children with Orkney schools (Orkney 2014/15/16)
- Singapore & Chile, Workshop on site selection criteria, South East Asia academics (Valparaiso 2014, Singapore 2017)
- Nagasaki, Japan, environmental impact assessment expert support and guidance (Nagasaki and Orkney 2017)