With many ecologists in our team we have a natural affinity for biodiversity related issues.
Whether it is: creating species lists for locations; establishing species distributions; considering temporal patterns in populations or behaviour; tracking the influences of natural, industrial or climate related pressures; or considering how best to enhance the prospects for biodiversity Aquatera team specialists will bring their collective expertise to bare to establish robust outcomes and solutions.
Biodiversity management examples
- Hobbister peat cutting management, Orkney
- Forth barrier sand extraction and sand dune management scheme, Orkney
- Finstown quarry slope management and revegetation, Orkney
- ECOW supervision during Sandy wind farm construction, Orkney
- Biofouling studies for marine energy technologies, Orkney and Maderia
- Horse mussel bed surveying and management strategy during cable lay operations, Noss Head Scotland
- Fish behaviour around offshore oil platforms, North sea
- Marine environmental surveying standards for BP, North Sea
- Prorva dredge channel habitat management plan, NE Caspian
- Biodiversity considerations in all EIA’s globally