Orkney Vessel Trials Project
This project, the Performance Review of Maritime Support Services for Orkney (PRoMSSO), was conceived to explore and characterise the performance of Orkney-located vessels and associated services in carrying out marine renewables operations.
The project was funded by the Scottish Government through EMEC and was undertaken by Aquatera Ltd, acting as Principal Contractor to EMEC, with Orcades Marine providing vessel management consultancy.
The project involved:
- 20 organisations
- Over 120 individuals
- More than 60 vessel operations
- And a total of 30 days at sea
The project comprised a set of 6 performance trials covering:
- Workboat positioning and dynamic loading
- Gantry Barge positioning and device deployment
- Clump weight friction
- ROV operations
- Responses to man overboard situations in tidal currents
- And dynamics of buoy submergence
Project summary results can be viewed by opening the below PDF. Full project results can be obtained by contacting Project Manager:Ian.Johnstone@aquatera.co.uk or call 01856 850 088.
A short video (see below) has also been compiled which showcases footage from trials, equipment and vessels used and highlights the main findings.