Aquatera is hiring: Environmental/Energy Data Analyst, Data Scientist & Data Manager
37½ hours/week (Permanent/fixed term contracts available). Applications welcomed from all and particularly from Scottish Enterprise area of mainland Scotland. Salary to be determined based on qualifications, skills and experience; includes pension.
Over the last 20 years Aquatera has established itself as a pioneering environmental and energy consultancy. We are an award-winning company based in Orkney with significant achievements at home and worldwide. Aquatera’s work includes:
• Strategic planning and road-mapping;
• Energy resource modelling and mapping;
• Energy generation and delivery modelling;
• Energy market modelling and analysis;
• Baseline descriptions and constraints mapping;
• Environmental Impact Assessments and planning support;
• Environmental surveys and monitoring; and
• Public and stakeholder communications
Aquatera leads on several ground-breaking data rich and modelling based projects. These make use of Aquatera’s bespoke RADMAPP spatial modelling tool for which we are currently developing an advanced energy place, time and value module as part of the EU EVOLVE project. EVOLVE is an exciting partnership project exploring the contribution that marine based renewables can make to Europe’s future energy systems. Similar work is also taking place for Southeast Asia and South America.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Analyst and Data Manager to work on our EVOLVE project as part of a dynamic and successful team. We are also recruiting into our core highly skilled GIS team to build capacity around data science, data management and analysis.
This is an ideal opportunity for high-achieving individuals with a passion for environmental and energy modelling, ideally with relevant sectoral experience, who work well with others as well as remotely and who are quick to learn and provide solutions. From wherever you are based, you will be an integral part of our diverse and highly innovative team. You will undertake data management and modelling roles across our environmental and sustainability projects and in supporting all elements of the business. Our work is based upon sound principles of environmental stewardship and sustainability with a focus on helping our clients — whether community organisations, developers, multinational corporations or governments —successfully achieve their objectives.
You will have strong capabilities in:
• GIS e (ArcGIS) including spatial analyst, tools and extensions and/or other similar software;
• Energy systems management;
• Environmental science;
• Data management and analysis;
• Programming languages ex. Python and R;
• Database management and creation;
• Online delivery, ex. ArcGIS online, other online mapping and data tools;
• Data gathering and stakeholder engagement activities.
How to apply:
Please apply by sending your CV and a comprehensive supporting statement outlining how your skills, knowledge and experience best fit with Aquatera to:
Closing date: Monday 10 May 2021