|Introduction to Oregon|
|Oregon is a major surf centre within the Pacific, it is no surprise therefore that the State is also a focus for potential wave energy developments. The relatively uniform nearshore sandy seabed is ideal for placing wave energy devices. There are however import existing uses made of the coastal seas especially for fishing but also shipping and recreation. A number of the worlds leading wave technology developers are pursuing project opportunities in Oregon. Grid infrastructure along the coast is relatively strong and although there are a number of ports along the coast, many have a limited draft for vessel access and the port entrances face the full fury of the Pacific ocean. In Oregon, Aquatera has forged strong links with Parametrix Inc. The two companies aim to work together on a number of strategic environmental projects.|
|Interactive Map of Selected Aquatera and Parametrix Projects in Oregon|
|Key to Map Pins|
= Strategic Planning
= Public and Stakeholder Communications;
= Environmental Assessment and Surveying
= Integrated Renewables Suport
= Multiple project types at one lat/long coordinate (or for a single project: Unassigned project type)
= Partner Organisation
|How to Use|
• Hover over a map pin to view project title.
• Single-click on a map pin to view a brief project overview, with a link to a more detailed project summary.
• Use the [+] and [-] buttons to zoom in and out and the arrow keys to navigate.
(Alternatively, the hand cursor can be used to navigate by 'grab and drag').
• Three view types are available:
- [Map] for Google Map view;
- Satellite] for satellite image;
- [Hybrid] for a combination of Satellite and Google Map.
• We would like to hear your opinions on this page; please e-mail feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Operational Conditions information also available for the following regions:
Aquatera Ltd, Stromness Business Centre, Stromness, Orkney, KW16 3AW, UK
© Aquatera Ltd 2000-2017.